Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dinner was great...

So the murder mystery(A feast to die for...) was wonderful. The food was so good. BBQ cedar plank salmon, rice, carrots(not a big fan), appetizers, and a salad course. Plus dessert(only had a couple bites). A different wine with every course. I don't drink wine at all...it's the smell. Tammy went all out. It was a great. Like I said great food and great company, can't beat an evening like that:)

Today we go to Auntie Emily's so we'll see how that goes. It will be nice to see her again, it's been a while.

So bayoubabe asked what kind of Lasagna I made:

Zucchini Lasagna
2 1/2 cups zucchini sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 2 medium)
1/2 pound lean ground beef (I use 1 lb.)
1/4 cup onion chopped
2 small tomatoes cut up(I used a 28oz can of diced)
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup water
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 egg
3/4 cup cottage cheese (or ricotta)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded (I use 8 oz. divided)

I
cook zucchini until tender, drain and set aside. Make sauce and let simmer 10 minutes. Then layer like normal lasagna. The zucchini doesn't cover like noodles, I just split the amount so I have some for each layer. Bake at 375 F for 30-40 minutes. I broil for a few minutes because I like the cheese on top a little crusty. I let it sit for about 15 minutes then cut. It is wonderful.


That's all for now.
Make it a good one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment