Thursday, March 12, 2009

We got the house...

Thank you all for your well wishes...

We got the house...YAY! Now comes the packing and organizing and down sizing. Living in the same place for 10 years sure accumulates a lot of crap. Especially the basement, it seems that everything we didn't want got put down there. Everything we didn't know what to do with got put down there. Everything we have been meaning to get rid of...like my sons clothes, 10 years worth. I also have a ton of clothes from the girls. I need to figure out which ones I want to get rid of and which ones I want to pack away for my other 2 daughters. Oh so much to organize...I don't even know where to start. Ohhhh....and then on top of it all, we have boxes of canning stuff that came from my mother-in-law. Why she dumped it here is beyond me...I don't can...I will never can. I think she had it in her head that she would come over here and WE would do some canning. She always canned a ton of cabbage leaves for cabbage rolls. She just seems to forget that I have 4 KIDS!!!!! Who has time to can? Not me:)

I am looking forward to throwing out some dressers and our table and chairs. All new ones yay:)

I really haven't been doing to great with my low carb eating. I think I am going to skip my weigh in tomorrow. Next week I'll go back to my strict eating and get the couple pounds, I'm sure I gained...off!! I guess we'll see what stress next week brings...hopefully none...except all the packing that needs to done.

Make it a good one:)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and your family!

    Try not to get overwhelmed about the move. Just break down the challenge, one step at a time.

    Moving's always tough but you WILL do it! And think of how good you'll feel once it's done with! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!! Great news!!!!!
    I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my BEST story about moving... I piled all of our clothes from the closet into the back of our pick up... Unfortunately, hubby's clothes made it to the top of the pile..

    I only had about 5 miles down the road to go.. on the US Hwy, which speed limit was about 50 mph.. So imagine to my surprise when some of his clothes went MISSING...

    I was like WHAT ?

    A friend who just happened to be getting off of work, she phoned to let me know my hubby's clothes were leaving a 'trail' down the side of the highway. Some had blown up and over the cattle fence, others were in the muddy ditch... Some well, were hung out to dry all over the pasture.. blown out the back of the truck and left a trail for a good 5 miles, lol.

    I was SO busy with the business of moving, I had NO idea, the clothes were preparing a new home ELSEWHERE..

    Blessings

    Bayoubabe

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooooo funny...would have baffled me...but would have laughed my ass off. Wonder if I can make some of my husbands clothes disappear...lol

    ReplyDelete